cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static redirect based on source IP on an ASA5510

Bill
Level 1
Level 1

Can I redirect traffic coming from the Internet to different internal devices based on the source IP of the Internet user with an ASA5510, (for the same service)?

For example, if I have 2 web servers with inside IP addresses 192.168.10.10 and 192.168.10.11, I want them to share the same outside public IP address. I want to be able to redirect outside users to one web server or the other based on the source IP of the user.

We are replacing a SonicWall with an ASA, and that's how the SonicWall has been configured. I am not sure how or if it can be done on an ASA.

1 Reply 1

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Sorry to say that this can't be implemented on Cisco ASA. Cisco ASA supports inside to outside policy NAT. ASA doesn't support Outside to Inside policy NATing as per your request.

There is another product specialized for this and it is called CSS 11500. This definitely would support what you want.

As a workarroung, I suggest filtering traffic using ACL so that some sources access one server while other sources access the other server.

Hope this clarifies your issue,

Appreciate your rating,

Regards,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card