cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stealthwatch: What is a Flow Rate License?

UncleJP
Level 1
Level 1

Studying for ENCOR, I ran across this bit of information:

"• Flow Rate License: The Flow Rate License is required for the collection,
management, and analysis of flow telemetry data and aggregates flows at the
Stealthwatch Management Console as well as to define the volume of flows that
can be collected."

I have looked through Cisco documentation,(https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/stealthwatch/datasheet-c78-739398.html)

and it states:

"The Flow Rate License is required for the collection, management, and analysis of flow telemetry and aggregates flows at the Management Console. The Flow Rate License also defines the volume of flows that may be collected and is licensed on the basis of flows per second (fps). Licenses may be combined in any permutation to achieve the desired level of flow capacity."

Unfortunately, I have had trouble finding adequate information online that soothes my confusion. I understand that it is something that you have to purchase. What is a Flow Rate Licence? What does it do? Why do we need it?

Any input is appreciated, and ratings and markings will be left where they are due.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

Hi,

You will need a flow rate license for every flow being processed by the flow collector.

Licenses range from 1K - 100K+ flows per second.

The Stealthwatch datasheet is a good start

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/stealthwatch/datasheet-c78-739398.html

HTH

I read through the page you suggested. Is it correct when I say that the flow licenses were just created so Cisco could profit off of Stealthwatch?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card