cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange CSM Menu Issue

kevinknaul
Level 1
Level 1

Having a strange issue with CSM 4.3.  I have just recently applied the 4.3sp1 patch hoping it would resolve this issue, but it is still there.

When applying IPS Signature updates -> At the "Edit Signatures" section after picking policy, when I attempt to bulk "Add to" Actions and choose "More".. the selection box does not become active, it is behind the "Edit Signatures" box.

So, essentially I can't change signature actions when deploying IPS Signatures because the selection box does not become the active window.

Any ideas?  Is there a way to reset the menu placements in CSM?  This is an extremely inconvenient issue as I have to change actions on individual signatures every time I deploy a signature pack.

I have attached screen captures to provide additional insight into this issue.

SCREENSHOTS

1 - Menu Selection.jpg - This is the menu I am choosing when performing "Edit Signatures" during an IPS Signature pack deployment.

2 - Menu Affected.jpg - This shows the "ADD ACTION" menu as behind the "Edit Signatures" and not active.  This prevents me from making any selection on the "ADD ACTIONS" menu.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  It is strange that nobody else is seeing this issue.  I can replicate this on dozens of systems with various Java versions and it only started after the upgrade to CSM 4.3.

UPDATE: Cisco has a bug recorded for this issue - bug CSCtz49988 to track the issue.

1 Reply 1

kevinknaul
Level 1
Level 1

All.  Cisco has informed me that this issue has been recreated in the Lab environment and will be resolved with the release of CSM4.4 which is scheduled for March 2013.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card