Views
Helpful
Replies

TAC Recommended FTD Version?

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Just wonder if there is such thing as "TAC Recommended FTD Version"? I used http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-TAC-Recommended-AireOS.html#anc6 when I was upgrading a WLC cluster and hope there is similiar one for FTD.

Should I simply go with Latest 6.2.0.2 for greenfield deployment?

Thanks,

/S

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The TAC doesn't officially recommend one like they do with WLC and many IOS releases.

However the Cisco TMEs and SEs I have spoken to have almost all recommended the latest releases for Firepower (currently either 6.2.0.2 for all but the Firepower 2100 platform which runs 6.2.1).

We expect 6.2.2 out very soon - hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The TAC doesn't officially recommend one like they do with WLC and many IOS releases.

However the Cisco TMEs and SEs I have spoken to have almost all recommended the latest releases for Firepower (currently either 6.2.0.2 for all but the Firepower 2100 platform which runs 6.2.1).

We expect 6.2.2 out very soon - hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks, I got the similar answer from SE as well. But figure to ask here to see if any different opinion. I likely go with the 6.2.0.2 for any upcoming deployments but likely wont go for the .0 releases.

Only cisco advanced services recommend a release versions. The people I have spoken with either recommend 6.1.0.4 or 6.2.0.2... From my personal experience I would also tell you to go with 6.2.0.2 since it has the latest bugfixes like 6.1.0.4, but also some very important features that you will probably need (Terminal Server Agent, FlexConfig to tweak MPF parameters, etc.)

As for 6.2.2 I have talked to a TAC engineer yesterday who said it will be out in august/september. I think the original release date was somewhere in july but it seems like it was pushed back.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card