cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Testing The CISCO PIX

raul-esquivel
Level 1
Level 1

One of my clients is asking me to test with different tools/Apps in the market if the Cisco Pix

520 installed in the company is really securing its

servers and nodes inside the network .

Any ideas of tools or hackers apps and where i can find them ?

2 Replies 2

net_eng_ineer
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.astalavista.com

i recommend using Saint or Satan-you will need unix experience to use this.

worf
Level 1
Level 1

Usually when I install a PIX onto the edge of an existing business, I like to perform a basic vulnerability assessment of the existing infastructure. This of course involves port scanning to see what services are listening currently, then run the same scans to demonstrate how the PIX has sheilded these services and ports from the outside. I usually use little hacker sharware utilities like Hoppa Portscanner, or Ultrascan. These scanners can be downloaded at various hacker sites. Run a scan from the outside on various devices, then capture a screenshot of the results(I like Snagit). You can then insert this screenshot into Word or some other program with a before and after view. Management loves these and it helps to validate your efforts and expense.

Chris Weber CCNP CCDA MCSE MCP+I A+

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: