Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access Firepower Device Manager

adityaM1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have re-image my ASA 5515-x with SSD to FTD 6.1.0. Following are my objective..

1) Access FTD locally through FDM

2) Point the FTD to FMC 6.1.0

Following are my observations

1) My ASA 5515-x which has FTD 6.1.0 image installed on it, is not getting ip address from DHCP server. I have checked with DHCP server settings but there is no issue with that as other devices are getting ip addresses.

I would like to know --

a) which interface should i configure through DHCP to get ip address, so that I can access the device via FDM and point it to FMC.

2) Re-image from ASA to FTD involves 2 major steps

a) Boot image (ftd-boot-9.6.1.0.cdisk)

b) System package file (ftd-6.1.0-330.pkg)

My 5515-x is getting an ip address through DHCP server without installing System package file(.pkg), but when i install .pkg file (i.e FTD image) ; my device is not getting any IP address neither through DHCP nor manually; due to which I am not able to access FDM and point the device to FMC.

Thanking in advance..

Regards,

Aditya

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As noted in the quick start guide (link below), you should use the management 1/1 interface for initial FTD setup. when the system is newly re-imaged it will have a default manual IP address of 192.168.45.45.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/5500X/ftd-fdm-5500x-qsg.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card