Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to launch ASDM

gasparmenendez
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have an ASA 5520 with Version 8.2(2) and Device Manager Version 6.2(5). My problem is that I can't access to ASDM from my web browser (Mozilla), apparently due to a Java problem. I've been asking around in some forums related to Java but nobody has been able to give me a solution. I'm running Linux. I have four more ASA's (5540's and 5580's with different versions) and can access to them without problem. I've been struggling with this for several month now.

Can anybody here help me please???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try a higher ASDM version. According to the below compatability guide, any 6.2(5)+ version should work.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html#48552

Try the 7.6 release of the ASDM. The download page says:

Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for ASA 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, and 9.6.  Login & Valid Contract Required  
asdm-762-150.bin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Get back to java 1.6. That's a working version for asdm. New java updates were observed breaking asdm access

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try a higher ASDM version. According to the below compatability guide, any 6.2(5)+ version should work.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html#48552

Try the 7.6 release of the ASDM. The download page says:

Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager for ASA 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, and 9.6.  Login & Valid Contract Required  
asdm-762-150.bin

gasparmenendez
Level 3
Level 3

thanks my friend, I updated ASDM to version 7.16 and now is working fine!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card