Helpful
Replies

Unable to Ping across L2L

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

Hi everyone,

Network

PC---------------Switch1 ---ASA  5505 -----------L2L----------------------   ASA5520 -----------Switch 2-----PC

PC connected to Switch 1 can ping the PC IP connected to Switch 2.

PC connected to Switch 2 can not ping the PC IP connected to Switch 1

Also From ASA 5505 i can not ping the IP of PC connected to Switch 2.

There is L2L tunnel betweem two ASA.

Regards

Mahesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You say that PC1 can ping PC2 but not the other way around. This tells us that there is connectivity between the 2 PCs. The ICMP not working the other way might simply mean that the other PCs software firewall is blocking the ICMP

With regards to the ICMP directly from the ASA. I am not sure if this will work. ASA is not a good place to test connectivity through the L2L VPN

If your ASA5505 has an interface called "inside" then you could try this command

ping inside

In other words I want you to send ICMP from the ASA5505 to the host behind the ASA5520.

Without seeing any configurations its hard to tell if there are any configuration related problems.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You say that PC1 can ping PC2 but not the other way around. This tells us that there is connectivity between the 2 PCs. The ICMP not working the other way might simply mean that the other PCs software firewall is blocking the ICMP

With regards to the ICMP directly from the ASA. I am not sure if this will work. ASA is not a good place to test connectivity through the L2L VPN

If your ASA5505 has an interface called "inside" then you could try this command

ping inside

In other words I want you to send ICMP from the ASA5505 to the host behind the ASA5520.

Without seeing any configurations its hard to tell if there are any configuration related problems.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

Happy New Year Sir

You were spot on.

PC  had firewall enabled by default.

I put another PC and ping worked fine.

Best Regards

Mahesh

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card