cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to upgrade FXOS on FCM Version : 2.14(0.11)

govindlenka777
Level 1
Level 1

Hii all,

I am trying to upgrade FXOS using GUI FCM Version : 2.14(0.11) and unable to upload the fxos file because of large size. At the end of the upload it is displaying Failure and below error.

ERROR:: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <head> <title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title> </head><body>Request Entity Too LargeThe requested resource does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit. </body>

FXOS Details::Firepower Chassis Manager Version : 2.14(0.11)Firepower Chassis Manager MIO version : 2.14(1.151)

Size of uploading file :: 1GB

Thanks

7 Replies 7

antisocial11224
Level 1
Level 1

@govindlenka777 wrote:

Hii all,

I am trying to upgrade FXOS using GUI FCM Version : 2.14(0.11) and unable to upload the fxos file because of large size. At the end of the upload it is displaying Failure and below error.

ERROR:: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <head> <title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title> </head><body>Request Entity Too LargeThe requested resource does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit. </body>

FXOS Details::Firepower Chassis Manager Version : 2.14(0.11)Firepower Chassis Manager MIO version : 2.14(1.151)

Size of uploading file :: 1GB

Thanks

The error you're encountering, "413 Request Entity Too Large," indicates that the file size you are trying to upload exceeds the server's configured limit for handling data in a POST request. 
check the server configuration to see if you can increase the upload size limit. This might involve modifying configuration files on the server, such as increasing the client_max_body_size directive in Nginx or LimitRequestBody in Apache.
If you do not have access to these configurations or they cannot be modified, you might need to split the file into smaller parts or use a different method for uploading large files.
Alternatively, use the CLI (Command Line Interface) for the upgrade if the GUI has limitations on file size. The CLI often does not have the same restrictions as the GUI, making it a more suitable option for handling large files.

Hii 
I tried CLI and still unable to upload the file. I don't think i have the access to change configuration. Can you suggest any other options. 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is your hardware and current version of FXOS?

ASA Hardware model  QW-4115,

Fxos software version  Version: 2.14(1.151)

Startup-Vers: 2.14(1.151)

So you are running 2.14(1.151) and trying to upgrade to 2.14(0.11)? I don't see that latter image as a valid download for the 4115 chassis.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286323333/type/286287263/release/2.14.1.143

2.14(0.11) was a bundled image for the 4200 series only that was included with ASA software 9.20(1):

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html#id_65802

As noted in the link above, for those images, "You cannot install ASA or FXOS separately; you must install them both as part of the bundle."

Hiii 

I am running FXOS version  2.14(1.151) and ASA 4115 QW. I am not trying to upgrade to 2.14(0.11). 2.14(0.11) is the FCM version I'm using. I want to upgrade my fxos to 92.17.0.132 which is of 1GB size. If i try to upload any FXOS file of size less than 1GB(example 0.98GB) I can successfully  upload the file. But when i try to upgrade this FXOS(92.17.0.132) file i am getting the above mentioned error.

When you upgrade ASA software on a 4100 series chassis running ASA image, it includes a bundled FXOS image. It is not supported to upgrade FXOS separately from the ASA image.

As noted in the link provided earlier, "You cannot install ASA or FXOS separately; you must install them both as part of the bundle."

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card