Views
Helpful
Replies

Update FTD Access Rule via API with Python Loop

DinoC_ZAR
Level 1
Level 1

Good day Community,

I have a python script which is able to read through a text file, grab the values i need, and have the values inserted into the literal places to create a rule via API in from line 67 in the attached code.

The script works fine with the first line item, as it creates a new rule. The problem comes in with the second iteration of the loop, where a new literal needs to be added to an existing rule, but the API complains about a rule already existing and that i need to change the rule name.

I need to loop through my file, and edit the rule each time to add the new entity (ie, source network or port). Not sure if that's possible?

Attached is the code, i have disabled the functions for now so the code reads straight through from top to bottom.

Might anyone be able to see in my code if i am missing something? or if i am off target from line 67?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card