cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade FirePower from 5.2 (VDC & 3D Sensor) to 6.2 on VMware ESXi

gigin1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Support Community.... I'm Gigin and I want to ask about FirePower. he following is I explain the case

I have a client and my client have a security device, it is IPS FireSight & FirePower then Installed on VM of ESXi. Our plan is IPS Firesight will upgrade firmware from 5.2.0.4 (vdc) and 5.2.0.3 (3d sensor) on New ESXi mechine. But when us will do it, Is the old license still valid to this firmware version 6.2 ? If it is not valid, what should we do?

Thank you so much

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Forget about upgrading.  It will take a long time and be very painful.  Wipe, re-install with 6.2 and re-configure.

Make sure you have a Cisco support contract.  You will need the original licences.  If you have any issues with re-installing the licence contact TAC and get help from the licencing team.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Forget about upgrading.  It will take a long time and be very painful.  Wipe, re-install with 6.2 and re-configure.

Make sure you have a Cisco support contract.  You will need the original licences.  If you have any issues with re-installing the licence contact TAC and get help from the licencing team.

Hi Philip D'Ath....

Thanks your respond, I hope you remember it soon. hehehe. Yes I have the original license.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card