Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade FMC

Hello,

I want to upgrade HA FMC that current version is 7.0.6 (build 236) and target is 7.2.5.1.

I want to know that my target version is correct and also can I jump from 7.0.6 to 7.2.5.1?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I agree with @Marius Gunnerud, upgrading wise you are good to go with upgrading your 7.0.6 directly to 7.2.5.x however, you would need first to upgrade to 7.2.5 and then apply the patch 7.2.5.1.

The 7.2.5 upgrade image is called "Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Upgrade-7.2.5-208.sh.REL.tar" and the 7.2.5.1 patch image is called "Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Patch-7.2.5.1-29.sh.REL.tar".

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

You need to do the upgrade in two steps.  As the 7.2.5.1 is a patch you would first need to upgrade to 7.2.5 (can upgrade straight from 7.0.6 to 7.2.5), and then patch to 7.2.5.1.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

The first version release file for 7.2.5 is Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Patch-7.2.5.1-29.sh.REL.tar.

the name of the patch is misleading.  You can verify that that is not the main upgrade by looking at the size of the file as indicated by @Dustin Anderson .

The first upgrade you need to implement is Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Upgrade-7.2.5-208.sh.REL.tar followed by the 7.2.5.1 patch.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Marius is right, by the file size you probably have to go to 7.2.5 then the 7.2.5.1 as that looks to be just a patch.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 162854.jpg

I agree with @Marius Gunnerud, upgrading wise you are good to go with upgrading your 7.0.6 directly to 7.2.5.x however, you would need first to upgrade to 7.2.5 and then apply the patch 7.2.5.1.

The 7.2.5 upgrade image is called "Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Upgrade-7.2.5-208.sh.REL.tar" and the 7.2.5.1 patch image is called "Cisco_Secure_FW_Mgmt_Center_Patch-7.2.5.1-29.sh.REL.tar".

I wanted to inform you that I have successfully completed the FMCs upgrade. 

But I faced an issue after upgrading.

Smart License Monitor
Apr 3, 2024 5:18 AM
Smart Licensing ID certificate renewal failure. Please check the connection
Smart License Authorization expired

Please try to go through these steps and let me know if it helps:

1) Go into expert mode in the FMC

2) Issue the command "sudo su -"

3) Issue the command "rm /etc/sf/gch/call_home_ca"

4) Issue the command " "pmtool restartbyid sla"

5) Issue the command "pmtool restartbyid CloudAgent"

6) Try to register the FMC again.