cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade stand alone FTD image

ABaker94985
Spotlight
Spotlight

We have a standalone ASA 5508-X running FTD 6.2 that we want to upgrade to 6.6. I don't have problems upgrading ASA firmware or FTDs through FMC or CDO, but I've been searching through documentation to upgrade to a later FTD version for an hour, and I must be overlooking this. It's a remote location, so no boots on the ground here. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So if it's managed locally that means the on-box GUI / Web UI which is Firepower Device Manager (FDM).

In FDM we upgrade starting from the home page and following the procedure described here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/623/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-623/fptd-fdm-mgmt.html#id_32969

Basically, upload the upgrade file to the device and click the button to tell it to start installing/upgrading. Make sure there are no pending deployments or upcoming scheduled tasks before starting.

I generally like to monitor the process via the cli expert mode. Move into the upgrade directory (/var/log/sf/<folder for your upgrade> for these older versions such as 6.2, /ngfw/var/log/sf/etc. for newer releases) and do a tail-f of status.log.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So if it's managed locally that means the on-box GUI / Web UI which is Firepower Device Manager (FDM).

In FDM we upgrade starting from the home page and following the procedure described here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/623/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-623/fptd-fdm-mgmt.html#id_32969

Basically, upload the upgrade file to the device and click the button to tell it to start installing/upgrading. Make sure there are no pending deployments or upcoming scheduled tasks before starting.

I generally like to monitor the process via the cli expert mode. Move into the upgrade directory (/var/log/sf/<folder for your upgrade> for these older versions such as 6.2, /ngfw/var/log/sf/etc. for newer releases) and do a tail-f of status.log.

Thank you, sir. Just what I was needing!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card