cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade to unlimited licenses

Gerson Acevedo
Level 1
Level 1

Ok my boss send my the CD with Authorization Key to upgrade ASA.

I dont know how to do it. I am a CCNA so I dont know how to do it or if he sent my the right thing,

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

To my understanding if you have the actual Activation Key for the new License, you should be able to activate it on the ASA by using the command "activation-key"

ASA# activation-key

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, you might also have gotten a PAK code which lets you go to Cisco site (documentation with instructions are usually included with this anyway) and choose the device with the device Serial Number to which you add this License. You will need Account for this and the activation key will be sent to you by email after you go through the process on the web page

But as I said if you got the actual Activation Key, you can use it with the above command.

I think after issuing the command you will be prompted to check that changes are going to be done to the License. This will let you confirm that you wont be mistakenly disabling some ASA feature if you have been provided with wrong License.

Be sure to take a complete "show version" of the firewall and save it BEFORE issuing the new Activation Key

- Jouni

Never mind I did it.

You can find the step on cisco.com   documentation.

Google is your friend.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card