Views
Helpful
Replies

users not passing to firepower

systemtek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are using Configure Cisco Firepower User Agent for Active Directory installed on a domain controller, both sections are green which seems to indicate it should pass the details back to the firepower.

I have some rules on the firepower and I have added some users to the rules (it find the users) but as soon as I do this they cant access the specified content.  The rule works if I remove the users.

When looking in the logs, there is no reference to the username at all.  

As the initial client request contains only the IP I believe that the firepower should then lookup that IP and match the username via the agent on the domain controller.  Is there anyway I can test this ? 

Thanks 

9 Replies 9

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,
Create a test rule with the user you want to allow or block as first rule in ACP and try if its working as per the AD-Username. Before testing logoff the machine and login again to get the correct IP details.

HTH
Abheesh

Hi

Thanks for the reply, essentially that is what I have done.  I have the correct IP in the logs, but no usernames appear in the logs.  It just shows as BLOCK in logs but no username details as soon as I remove the username from the rule, it works.

Thanks 

click the TABLE VIEW of CONNECTION EVENTS to see the detailed view.

HTH
Abheesh

Hi,

Thanks, but "Initiator User" shows as "Unknown" 

Thanks 

which version you are running and can you share a screenshot.

Hi,
Are you created an identity policy with passive authentication and bind to ACP right..?
For the user details Check Analysis > Users > User Activity.

HTH
Abheesh

Hi

I already checked in Analysis > Users > User Activity and this does not show my test users activity.

Attached image from logs.

Thanks example-firepower-unknown user.JPG

Almost same issue reported by other user, please have a look.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/firepower/fmc-6-2-2-unknown-users/m-p/3353429/highlight/true#M1322

HTH
Abheesh

Thanks for that link Abheesh Kumar I will need to spend some time today and tomorrow looking at that, I have found a few other similar posts so will take a look and see what is found.  In the mean time if anyone has any other suggestions  please let me know. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card