cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

verifying flash image fails

matthewatt
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5520, currently running version 7.25-k8. I'm preparing for an upgrade to version 7.25(4), so I transferred the software code (obtained via Cisco download) to the firewall vis SCP. I then issued the "verify flash:asa725-k8.bin" and it fails. It comes back with the error that the CRC did not verify, Data Integrity has been compromised". My first thought was the image did not copy correctly, so I deleted it and transferred it again. I got the same error. Then I decided to run a verify against the actual current code that was running on the firewall, and it came back with the same error. I don't understand what the problem is. I don't tend to think it's an SSH key related problem, as the method I use to access the firewall is via SSH and I have no problems. Worth noting,this firewall is part of an active/standby pair, and I observe the same behavior on the failover unit, it fails to verify. Anyone ever run into this?

3 Replies 3

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you paste the output when you verify the image?

Mike

Mike

I was able to get it to verify. I had been connecting to the firewalls via a saved securecrt session. I decided to try connecting from a newly created session, and that worked. Not sure what the issue is, but it didn't like something about my saved session I had been using. Thank you

Yeah,  I read some issues using CRT. and verifying images.

Glad to hear that is working.

Mike

Mike
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card