Views
Helpful
Replies

vFMC setting with bugsssss

Charyl777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Recently, I installed vFMC 7.3.0 in ESXI 7.0.3 and set up Firewall 1010(7.0.5).

From the beginning, it seems ok but after 5-6 hours getting worse. 

Unable to update/Deploy firewall
When I changed the access policy, and unable to update my device. I  have checked the Deployment list and was showing "All devices up-to-date". Even disabling and deleting some access policies still shows "All devices up-to-date".

So many Errors for the vFMC
Sometimes unable to login to FMC, just stuck on the login page.
unable to read vFMC or Firewall status. just show "no data"
Restart the vFMC are the same result.
Sometimes unable to read my Firewall, stuck at "Please wait... Fetching configuration from device..." forever
Sometimes popup warnings "mojo_server exited 2 times"

re-config connect to my FW.
i followed cisco setup guide to re-connect between vFMC and firewall.
delete the firewall from vFMC
jump into FW via CLI
>configure manager delete
>configurae manager add 192.168.1.10<--vFMC  cisco<--key
Go to vFMC and add devices again, but this time got the error message "Deployment failed due to configuration error{DeploymentError}. if the problem persists after retrying, contact Cisco TAC." or "deployment failed due to internal error"
I did google and this bug because of some policy or object conflict, just changing the name or description can fix it.
of course, does not work. Even deleted all policies and objects.

Does anyone get the same situation as me? I am sure the hardware has no issues.
I spent two weeks keep looping this situation, re-install vFMC, and re-image FTD so many times.

Thanks

Charyl

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charyl777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have fixed all the issues in one action.

Simple action, increase the vCPU(Default is 4) to 16.
I have re-install the vFMC and increase the vCPU to 16.
If you will unable to read the vFMC, firewall status, network traffic, just wait 1-2 hours and than reboot or restart. 
Sometime need to reboot/restart two or three times and you wall able to see them all.
You can keep restarting/rebooting until you can see the status, but tow is enough.(I believe so, I did two times) 

hope can help you guys.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>..."deployment failed due to internal error"
  - Check  /var/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/log/operation/vmsbesvcs.log on the vFMC when that happens , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I suggest opening a TAC case.  If this issue is persistent even after re-installing vFMC and re-imaging the FTDs, there might be some underlying hardware issue that is the problem.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Charyl777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have fixed all the issues in one action.

Simple action, increase the vCPU(Default is 4) to 16.
I have re-install the vFMC and increase the vCPU to 16.
If you will unable to read the vFMC, firewall status, network traffic, just wait 1-2 hours and than reboot or restart. 
Sometime need to reboot/restart two or three times and you wall able to see them all.
You can keep restarting/rebooting until you can see the status, but tow is enough.(I believe so, I did two times) 

hope can help you guys.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card