cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VIrtual FMC: FTD Cluster

Gupta_Deva
Level 1
Level 1

any info when and if a ftd-cluster is planned and may be available in a virtual fmc (6.x) ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Adding cluster is not available as part of the new feature called 'Improved FTD cluster addition to the FMC' in 6.3. Now FMC is smart enough to discover if the unit part of cluster and automatically register all other units in the cluster.

If you want to add cluster to FMC in 6.3.0, please make sure cluster is configured on FXOS (Chassis), and then add any single unit in the cluster to FMC using regular Add device. FMC will register the unit, discover other units and register them too.

View solution in original post

Clustering is not supported on vFTD.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can manage FTD clusters with a virtual FMC.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/630/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v63/firepower_threat_defense_cluster_for_the_fxos_chassis.html

Do you mean when will we be able to make an FMC HA pair using virtual FMC?

cluster.png

Interesting - I hadn't realized that limitation. I just confirmed it myself on a physical vs virtual FMC appliance.

I will inquire about this at the upcoming Security SEVT (end of March).

Adding cluster is not available as part of the new feature called 'Improved FTD cluster addition to the FMC' in 6.3. Now FMC is smart enough to discover if the unit part of cluster and automatically register all other units in the cluster.

If you want to add cluster to FMC in 6.3.0, please make sure cluster is configured on FXOS (Chassis), and then add any single unit in the cluster to FMC using regular Add device. FMC will register the unit, discover other units and register them too.

What about a cluster of vFTD's - how may we configure these ?
We would image, that we might add cluster-control interfaces 
to the vFTD's ?
Could you provide some light or documentation on this topic ?

Clustering is not supported on vFTD.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card