cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual FMC upgrade from 6.2.2.3 to 6.2.3.3

ugochunw123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i want to upgrade my FMC environment to the latest software. Is there any thing i need to know prior to doing this upgrade. 

i usually upgrade on the GUI update console and get the downloaded updates installed from there. is it just the same process i follow or are there other requirements to upgrading from 6.2.2 to 6.2.3. I have read the release notes but just need to double check.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is correct, from the GUI.  Only difference is I had to manually download the files since all the "Download Updates" button would give me where the updates for version 6.0.

If you have to go that route use the *.sh files and upload to FMC.  If you are doing devices as well, use the option to push the file to the device before install.  It should cut down on the total install time

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rsharp001
Level 1
Level 1

Nothing more than what you have done in the past.  We just went from 6.0 to 6.2.3.3 on both the FMC and the appliance, both needed reboots and took about 30 minutes in total per "thing"

Only other note I have from it is I had to re-deploy policies

EDIT:  Adding that we run inline with failsafe so while the appliance rebooted we did not lose traffic flows

Robert

Thanks, So you did your upgrades on the GUI following the upgrade path. No fresh install

That is correct, from the GUI.  Only difference is I had to manually download the files since all the "Download Updates" button would give me where the updates for version 6.0.

If you have to go that route use the *.sh files and upload to FMC.  If you are doing devices as well, use the option to push the file to the device before install.  It should cut down on the total install time

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card