cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS 2.1 IDS MC & VPN Routers MC Device Import Error

poh
Level 1
Level 1

Just installed standalone vms 2.1 and attempted to import devices into IDS MC and VPN Routers MC, but I get errors. The IDS MC error I get is importing configuration files from the sensor Could not find version in

string "Unknown version". I followed the instructions from the following link on cco to resolve this, but no success: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/vpnman/vms_2_1/idsmc/user_gd/ch04.htm#xtocid5

The VPN Router MC error goes something like import failed; check ssh configuration or password...don't remember the exact phrase...I configured the router for ssh by entering the crypto gen rsa ??? command, but still no success.

Any advice appreciated and thanks in advance. BTW, versions are IDS Module for 6509 3.0(5)s39 and VPN Router 12.2(T1).

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Just try this : login as root; Run sysconfig-sensor; selec option 9; then 2; then 3; then 1;

This creates host key for your sensor. Then type x till it asks for reboot. Reboot it.

On VMS machine: Run C:\plink -ssh userid@ipaddress

userid = Netranger for sensor appliance and Cisco IDs for IDMs; ipaddress = IP of sensr

If it shows the warning like "warnig-Potential security breach; server

host key does not match the with info on putty", either server admin has changed

the host key or u connected to wrong machine which pretends to be server.

The new key fingerprint is : xxxx

xx:xx:...........

If u were expecting this change and trust the new key, enter "y" to update Putty' cache and continue...

Enter passwd of sensor.....Terminate the session by exiting.

I should've mentioned that the IDS is a 6509 modular IDS and the commands are different from the sysconfig-sensor used on the ids appliances. Anyways, both IDS and VPN Router MC's are now working after working with TAC on this. Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card