Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Connection Failure

hugochengym
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert

I am now using a ASA 5505 and VPN was configured. We are not able to connect VPN from external even all configuration is the same as before.

What settings i need to check too?

Hugo

3 Replies 3

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Pretty hard to say without any information on the actual firewalls configurations.

Would it be possible to attach those (remove any sensitive information first)

Thought it seems that the ASA just isn't responding so its something related to connectivity OR maybe some missing VPN configurations (I'm personally not sure what kind of situations fall under that error message)

Hope that log may some information for you

Hi,

I think it just shows that it tries to start the Phase1 negotitations and keeps retransmitting but cant reach the remote VPN device.

Can your VPN Client ping to the VPN device public IP address and receive an echo reply from it? (is ICMP allowed on the VPN device for this)

If the VPN device is responding we need to look at the VPN configurations on the ASA or the problem is on the Client computers software or internet connection.

I guess this isnt a production enviroment VPN connection but somekind of lab setup? The log say that the configured peer IP address is 10.10.10.10 which ofcourse cant be routed in the public network.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card