Helpful
Replies

Wake on LAN with FMC

luaymusleh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Community,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am currently working on configuring Wake on LAN  on a Firepower 1000 series device and could use some guidance on the required steps, including NAT configuration. Here are the details of my network setup:

1. I have created a broadcast object for Wake on LAN with the following settings:

• Mask: 255.255.255.255
    • Broadcast Address: 192.168.72.255
    • Internal Network: 192.168.72.0/24
  2. I have an "outside" network with the following details:

• IP Range: 192.168.70.0/24
  3. I've established a VPN connection from outside to an Azure server with the following IP range:

• Azure Server: 10.0.0.0/16

Now, I'm looking to configure  (NAT) and open a specific Wake on LAN port to enable communication from my internal network to the Azure server. The requirements are as follows:

• Configure NAT to allow traffic from the internal network (192.168.72.0/24) to the Azure server (10.0.1.10).
  • Open U D P port 9/7 for Wake on LAN.
  • Access Control

I would appreciate any guidance or configurations needed on the Firepower 1000 series device to make this Wake on LAN setup work, including the necessary NAT rules and port configuration.

1 Reply 1

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This question does not appear to be related to Cisco ISE or NAC solutions. It would be better posted to the Network Security community space where you will find other topics related to Firepower solutions.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card