Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Interface for Firepower is timing out

selarom02
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to connect to Firepower through our web gui and I keep getting a time out. I was unable to access our FMC to restart because our CPU was at 100%. So after adding more memory that fixed that issue but after restarting services I am still unable to access our web portal. Any Suggestions? I also tried doing an nslookup on the IP to see if there might be a duplicate but there is no record of the IP in our domain..

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you ssh to it? Ping?

When you ssh you can go to expert mode and switch to root user and then run "pigtail" command. That will show the log output as the system is running.

So it seems to be back online after some time post restarting services. Not sure if adding memory or restarting fixed the issue but will the pigtail command show me logs on what happened when it started to work?

Pigtail streams the various log types to the screen in real time and then saves them to a file local to the FMC when you stop it with Ctrl-C. Historical logs are all on the FMC, but scattered in various places associated with the services that comprise the system. That's why TAC asks for a troubleshooting file when they have a case - it includes all the relevant information (logs and more) from disparate sources. They have a toolset that parses it to pull out information that's useful for a given case.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card