cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to find correct location value and portalid?

hobber
Level 1
Level 1

We have developed an application that communicates with the ISE Rest API (following this documentation: Cisco Identity Services Engine API Reference Guide, Release 1.3 - Guest REST API [Cisco Identity Services Engine] - Cisc…), but when we try to run it for our customer we get the following error message when trying to create a guest user:

<ns2:ersResponse operation="POST-create-guestuser" xmlns:ns2="ers.ise.cisco.com">
<link type="application/xml" href="[customerurl]" rel="related" />
<messages>
<message code="Application resource validation exception" type="ERROR">
<title>Validation Error - Mandatory fields missing: [location]</title>
</message>
</messages>
</ns2:ersResponse>

OK, so we tried to add the location field and set the value to Oslo which yielded this error message:

<ns2:ersResponse operation="POST-create-guestuser" xmlns:ns2="ers.ise.cisco.com">
<link type="application/xml" href="[customerurl]" rel="related" />
<messages>
<message code="Application resource validation exception" type="ERROR">
  <title>com.cisco.cpm.guestaccess.apiservices.exception.PortalValidationException: The location field Oslo is invalid. It is not configured</title>
</message>
</messages>
</ns2:ersResponse>

We then contacted the company that hosts the ISE in question and asked if they could provide us with the correct value for the location field, but they had no idea on how to find that information. We also asked for the PortalId for the installation, but they came up empty there as well.

Could someone please help me and give me info on where these values can be found so that I can forward this to the company in question?

Their ISE version:

Version: 1.4.0.253

Patch Information:          6

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

With regards,

Lars-Erik Hobber

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: