Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless AP CAP-2602i needs security update - EOL & out of contract

xilix
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

I have a Cisco AIR-CAP-2602i-A-K9 unit that needs the security update as outlined in Cisco security advisory cisco-sa-20171016-wpa

URL is here: https://sec.cloudapps.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20171016-wpa

This unit is showing as end of support as of Dec 31, 2021.

The advisory appears to indicate that the update would be available by calling Cisco TAC. I called them and I was informed that they could not provide the update as the unit is not under contract. Our "Cisco Partner" informs me that they can't put the unit under contract since it's EOL.

I am looking to get the latest Autonomous AP IOS Software, v15.3.3-JF15. The filename is: ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JF15.tar

Is there any way to obtain this ?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Hi

Officially and following the rules I dobt.  Ultimatelly you have a hardware that should not be in use anymore and the vendor will, of course, prevent  customers from extend the existence of this hardware.

As the device is End of Support you are not entitled to any further software or hardware support for this AP.  That being said, if you have other APs in your network, you could request this software for these and then apply it to the affected device.

Otherwise, there is no supported way of attaining the software.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card