cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Working with ISE 1.4 virtual machine

ed.vargas
Level 1
Level 1

I just loaded an ISE 1.4 ISO into Parrallels to use as a lab server.

Parrallels seemed to install the image properly, but I end up at a admin@ISE prompt that doesn't allow me to do much of anything.

If I type ifconfig -a I can see the IP of the machine, but that is about it. Setup brings me to a menu for system settings but does not allow me to run through a configuration dialog, change the IP address, start services, etc.

The documentation does not match up to what I am seeing, so I am not sure how to proceed.

Basically, I want to change the IP of the system and make sure the web interface is running

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Parallels is not a supported virtualization environment. That aside, what exact image name did you load?

Generally speaking, a new image should present you with the setup dialog upon first boot. You set the admin password, IP address, netmask, gateway, DNS and NTP etc. from it. It then initializes the db and starts the services. "show application status ise" will tell you if the services are all up.

I would agree with what Marvin said here (+5). On my MAC I like parallels better when it comes to running the Windows VM, however, Parallels has very limited functionality when it comes to the configuraiton of the networking interfaces. Thus, I run all other virtualized platoforms in VM Fushion. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card