Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB) Lab using theCisco 5921 Embedded Services Router
This configuration is used with “Introduction to the Cisco 5921 Embedded Services Router v1” in dCloud.
1) Log into dCloud. Under Internet of Everything or Training, find the lab / demo, "Introduction to the Cisco 5921 Embedded Services Router v1”
2) Launch a dCloud session using this lab and follow the instructions to connect using the AnyConnect client. Do the actual AnyConnect access after step 4 as this will allow time for the dCloud session to start. Please be sure to specify "NOW" as the launch time. This lab takes approximately 5 minutes to be ready for use.
3) Begin by looking at the configuration view links for the intended changes to the router configurations to implement the desired feature. The changes are differentiated from the rest of the configuration using Boldface Orange text.
Cisco dCloud Lab - Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB) on the 5921 ESR - c5921_ubuntu32_1 - View
5) On c5921_ubuntu32_1 shutdown the following port ethernet 0/0.
6) Remove the IP addresses from the following ports: ethernet 0/1, 0/2, 0/3. (no ip addr)
7)Please add all the highlighted (bold orange) commands in the configuration.
8) After a waiting few seconds for OSPF to re-converge, you should see the following routing table on c5921_ubuntu32_1:
*Dec 1 05:07:08.310: %OSPF-5-ADJCHG: Process 100, Nbr 10.0.0.121 on BVI1 from LOADING to FULL, Loading Done
c5921_ubuntu32_1#sh ip rou
Codes: L - local, C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, M - mobile, B - BGP
D - EIGRP, EX - EIGRP external, O - OSPF, IA - OSPF inter area
N1 - OSPF NSSA external type 1, N2 - OSPF NSSA external type 2
E1 - OSPF external type 1, E2 - OSPF external type 2
i - IS-IS, su - IS-IS summary, L1 - IS-IS level-1, L2 - IS-IS level-2
ia - IS-IS inter area, * - candidate default, U - per-user static route
o - ODR, P - periodic downloaded static route, H - NHRP, l - LISP
a - application route
+ - replicated route, % - next hop override
Gateway of last resort is 198.18.134.120 to network 0.0.0.0
S* 0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via 198.18.134.120
10.0.0.0/32 is subnetted, 2 subnets
C 10.0.0.120 is directly connected, Loopback0
O 10.0.0.121 [110/2] via 172.23.2.2, 00:00:00, BVI1
172.23.0.0/16 is variably subnetted, 5 subnets, 2 masks
O 172.23.1.0/24 [110/2] via 172.23.2.2, 00:00:00, BVI1
C 172.23.2.0/24 is directly connected, BVI1
L 172.23.2.1/32 is directly connected, BVI1
O 172.23.3.0/24 [110/2] via 172.23.2.2, 00:00:00, BVI1
O 172.23.4.0/24 [110/2] via 172.23.2.2, 00:00:00, BVI1
C 198.18.128.0/18 is directly connected, Ethernet1/0
198.18.134.0/32 is subnetted, 1 subnets
L 198.18.134.131 is directly connected, Ethernet1/0
9)Notice that since we set the ip address of BVI1to172.23.2.1 the neighbor relationship is established via the corresponding subnet on c5921_ubuntu32_2 in this case 172.23.2.2.
If we have ethernet 0/1, 0/2, 0/3 for c5921_ubuntu32_1 bridging at layer 2 and then routing, effectively the same as using a switching HWIC in one of the ISR's, we should be able to set the ip address of BVI1 to subnet 3 or 4 and our Layer 3 should re-converge.
Go ahead and try changing BVI1 to 172.23.3.1 and observe the following:
Hello, I am trying to send a 'show version' command to my Cisco ASA using Ansible, but I am encountering the following errors and I don't know why. The same thing works for my Cisco router though. Below are some details that might be helpful. Ci...
I am kind of confused here about API names.I see references in various places on the internet about a DNA "Assurance API" and I do see some endpoints named ".../assurance/...", like:* /api/assurance/v1/siteHierarchy* /api/assurance/v1/host/They even work,...
Hi!I am trying to retrieve information on interfaces from a XR. But I only get error messages..sysView.Interfaces.Interface.append(interface)
AttributeError: type object 'Interface' has no attribute 'append' The code I am trying to run: servi...
Hi!I am trying to retrieve information from a cisco XR device.I want the information on the interfaces. The code i am running:service = NetconfService()
provider = NetconfServiceProvider(address=ip_address,
I would like to know if it is possible to access to the PyATS TestCases Results objects during the CommonCleanup section? What i want is to have access to steps and testcases id, results(passed or failed), description of the test, so i can create my own r...