cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Mohamed Alhenawy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Cisco Digital Network Architecture Center Tools <Template Editor >

• In this article, we are going to talk about the Cisco Digital Network Architecture Center Template Editor tool.
  • Cisco DNA Center gives us the flexibility and scalability to configure multiple fabric sites and manage all of them even LAN or WLan through DNAC (Centralization Point).
  • The continuity of IT operations is the basis of today’s business environment. Almost every single decision made by business is either based on an IT data or done using the IT platform. And so, the Design, Flexibility, availability, and performance of the IT infrastructure are the key foundation of a solid business and service environment.

I have known about this configuration for a while but I will admit that I didn't really try to learn it until recently, for that I going to share with you what I learned.

Template Editor is CLI templet, It is a centralized management tool to create the configuration of a network device and assign each templet file to the specific network profile and you can push configuration for any device under your campus fabric through this templet.

Within a few steps, you can achieve this :

Access to DNAC --> Tools ---> Template Editor

BK355m3.jpg

Press Add Button ---> create new project ----> Add new ---> Name & description ----> Choose device Type ----> Choose Software Type ----> write software version

2.JPG

5.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Create a network Profile and assign this templet with the profile

DNAC ---> Design ---> Network Profile ---> Add profile --->

8.JPG

11.JPG
13.JPG

12.JPG

Now you can Push the configuration to any site under your fabric through
DNAC-----> Provision -----> Devices -----> Inventory -----> Choose the device -----> Action ----->  Provsion -----> Provsion device -----> Advanced Configuration {Choose The templet }  -----> DEPLOY
16.JPG

14.JPG

*** I hope that has been informative for you and thank you ***
Mohamed Alhenawy
CCIE#60453

Comments
Bret Sedlak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohamed,

thank you for a very informative article.

I have a question about Composite templates. I have two templates in my Composite template and I would like to use a variable from Template1 in Template2. Is there a way how to do it?

Thank you,

Bret

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: