- The LISP protocol has become a brilliant stardom with the digital transformation that we are now experiencing.
- Today we will talk about the LISP protocol and its advantages and method of preparation by hands on lab together.
- The current ip routing protocol use a single numbering space [Ip address] to devices identity and attaches to the network.
- The Lisp Protocol architecture design separates the EID [Endpoint Identifier] are assigned to end device, RLOC [Routing Locator] are assigned to the Getaway to make up global routing system is running.
- Some of Terminology
- RLOC--- Routing Locator.
- EID--- Endpoint identifier.
- ETR--- Egress Tunnel Router.
- ITR --- Ingress Tunnel Router.
- XTR – This is mean both functions ITR, ETR and we configure this feature on the core network which has map resolver and map server.
- Some of advantage for Lisp protocol: Simplify routing operation, Scalability, support data center Virtualization, Mobility, reduces the complexities.
Lab Topology -
Initial Configuration Part:
Router #1# Site 1
SITE-1(config) # Hostname SITE-1
SITE-1(config) # Ip cef
SITE-1(config) # Interface Loopback1
SITE-1(config) # Ip address 10.1.0.1 255.255.255.0
Hi,Need suggestion regarding SDA setup for wireless using the latest 9K series catalyst switches for SDA deployment.What is the recommendation to setup SDA specifically for WLAN out of following options:1. Using cisco 9300 / 9500 as border devices and act...
Hi,I have the below topology Internet browsing is very slow for wireless users. So i started to shut down one by one to isolate any link issues, When I shutdown the 10g on the right side it worked fine .So my question is why does it not a...
Hi there. Quick question here. When is it applicable to configure the neighbor command under bridge-domain and when is it applicable to configure it under VFI? I understand that bridge-domain is like the layer 2 broadcast domain that consists of physical ...
Hi There, I am stuck with a weird issue related to vrf on a qinq layer3 interface. I have a requirement where ASR1000 router interface connecting to the service provider. SP forwards the traffic in QinQ (dual-tagging). I want the interface withi...
hi all.. i need to know what is the best security practice for my below config on switch according to the networkdiagram i have ( isp---ASA---Router---SW1----SW2) - im using PVST between sw1 and sw2 and divided the vlans ...