This document provides simplified steps for creating a layer two port channel between two Catalyst switches running IOS. In this example we're creating a portchannel between a Catalyst 4500 and Catalyst 6500 using LACP.
When creating a port channel, it is very important that it be done in the proper order.
1) Determine the port channel numbers you want to use on both ends and make sure they are not already in use
2) Configure all interface attributes prior to assigning them to the port channel
3) Assign the interfaces to the port channel
4) Verify the port channel is up and the interfaces are properly bundled
1) Determine the port channel numbers you want to use on both ends and make sure they are not already in use with the "show etherchannel summ" command.
Hi, I have 2 Nexus C3164Q-40GE switches and currently there is a trunk connection between the 2 switches. I want to have VxLAN config so that it can pass between the 2 NX switches. I read many articles but can't really have an idea how...
I have a unique situation where I am running multiple q-in-q metro networks and would like to do layer 3 VRFs in standalone tags WITHOUT creating a vlan on the switch. What I'd like to do is something like the following: interface ten 1/1/1 ...
We have 2 layer-2 Cisco 2960G switches, one is primary and other is in Standby.Primary ISP,MPLS,ASA,ROUTER are connected to the primary Ethernet switch.Standby ISP,MPLS,ASA,ROUTER are connected to the standby Ethernet switch.All of server are using NIC bo...
Dear Community,I am currently studying for the CCNP-ROUTE exam in an attempt to pass it before the February 2020 deadline. I am currently studying section 1.3b that has to do with IPv4 and IPv6 fragmentation and I had a couple of questions:1) When the ori...