cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
anake
Level 1
Level 1

Question

i just start my new project but why when i ping LaptopP1 to other area network its says host unreachable.

can u guys help me. but when i ping from PCRD to laptop is success.

Answer

Comments
anake
Level 1
Level 1

password for router is Privileged EXEC is DDT same as switch

Martin L
VIP
VIP

That wireless router PA has no IP address and related info.  That type of router is like a home Linksys router connecting to cable modem at your home. It gets IP from cable modem and internally has dhcp, dns , and NAT services.   it is not meant to be used at workplace but If you have to use it, you need to set up above router to provide not only IP but default gateway, dns, etc.  Open wireless router PA, go to GUI, click on Status to see IP address renew button and IP info.

PT 8 version has some other routers that could be use instead of Linksys one.  I have not checked new wireless routers in PT 8 yet but if you stuck, I think you can find some examples that are available with all PT. (File > Open samples)

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

patrick.hurley
Level 3
Level 3

You’d have to show us the topology but I’d say an access list is configured somewhere, or a faulty cable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: