cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
TCC_2
Level 10
Level 10

Solution

The firmware is automatically upgraded along with the Cisco IOS  software release. If you have both supervisors modules that run the same Cisco IOS software release, they have the same firmware version.

In order to display the module status and information, use the show module version command, which displays the version information.

Note: The firmware does not have to match on both the supervisors in order to work properly.

You cannot use the normal software upgrade procedure for Catalyst 6000/6500 series switches that have redundant supervisor modules. Refer to Catalyst 6000/6500 Series Switches with Redundant Supervisor Engines Software Image Upgrade Configuration Example in order to upgrade the Catalyst 6000/6500 series switches in redundant mode.

Comments
jamesbos96602
Level 1
Level 1

what not told and cisco seams forgot that there is a firmware update that is not part of newest software out.  the rom update must match the software your running so bouth have be updated at same time. also note that newest update has lot bugs some commands just wont work, others will crash the system.   i spent 6 months trying understand why some cards would not work,and cisco has no clue. and i do meen no clue. i found 15 bugs in newest software. in newest release of wism2 insteded of fixing the ssh probem they just turn it off this is a easy fix probem is in how cards are being set up. what is mess up part all there equment will have this probem.. there is probems pass from older os in new one never fix.  i was trying help cisco they close the case why becuase they them selfs could not fix the probems it is not a config probem it is a os probem and i know how to fix it , but i got ask why would i give the fix to a busness that dose nothing for me, and a fix is worth millions  probem is how cetifices are installed. on 720 it self there only hand full certifices none none at all that will alow ssh to work. i came up with a way to by pass certfices datas  and way to install ap certifices on swich it self,  throw probem can be fix by changeing a few things.  wism2 is part of the key to how fix the swich, and cisco has no clue what i even was looking at to say this.  how can you secure to pices of hardware so data cant be stolen throw i cant spell do to add i help microsoft for 20 years becuase i do one thing find probems with out being train., 15 years ago cisco alow me to replace hardware under warrenty and i was never train by them, was very good reason why. i was one of very few that was not afade to say idk.   if cisco want fix there software they need move away from certifice athencation and two reasons why . unless these certifices be updated all software has be replace , and they know this,  even a 20 year old swich is more powerfull then  most swiches you find in a busness that makes less 500k year, my server is 30 years old and will run 8 servers in vr all 2016 server. a 30 year old server still can run the newest software,  we seam think hardware and time is related not true. hardware and the abuilt to get updates is key , this why cisco refuses most all request for help unless u get a contrack for equment no longer supported, and here odd thing some software been unlock by cisco any one can download it, yeat equment from same year no longer supported they will refuse to give to you,    there config information for 720 card is now wrong set up pages for wism2 now wrong. the set up information is wrong for the devices.   i had come up with new way to config the cards  , config is stable but some the commands even cisco has no clue what they for, cisco put in new commands but they no clue how they work ,  key commands  that must be look at is  ip moble  how set up swichport , encription and how  reconfig crypto so it will read the certifices, i only wish there was mib files to do this for us,  what must happen is ip access-list on the swich should auto build.  crypto should take certifices off wism2 and install on swich, cisco seam forget end to end encription swich reqires the certifices becuase the card is visable to the swich and all data runs throw the swich so if data encripted how will know where send packets, ap should have port right to swich, i just like know how is it cisco can force updates with out u knowing it being done,  and when them updates screw up the system they offer no help. but bigger quistion is why dose cisco need  ccess to our swiches , config files are own by them who make them yeat cisco takes them ? they also take user names passwords. and hardcode servers for athencation so real quistion is why ? programs call wire tap dose as name says,  so dose progam call home.  i meen in 20 years cisco still cant build a os that dosent have probems why is that . we all know awaser to this, these probems keep them in busness becuase for most part even the most advace swich should be able config most of settings it self. cisco updates my swich to newest ios but refuse to update the rom and software it self shows that there is error in the rom it cant id some cards this is a rom probem why a new code was writen so dose it make sence to update one and not the othre more so when software is telling you that it reqires the rom to be updated ?> and cisco is clueless maybe this is best they got lot people wish they new something but know nothing and refuse to learn from us who know

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: