cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
TCC_2
Level 10
Level 10

Core issue

This problem hits Cisco bug ID CSCed03214.

The %SUPQ-4-CPUHB_RECV_STARVE: Still seeing receive queue stuck after throttling error message occurs when one of these Cisco Catalyst switches receives an invalid frame truncated to 1-byte. This can be due to collisions on a 10Mbps half-duplex connection or other error conditions on the line.

The interface and switch may pause indefinitely, and the switch is no longer able to send or receive STP Bridge Protocol Data Units (BPDUs) and other control protocol packets. This can cause a spanning tree loop and broadcast storm.

To locate the interface that receives 1-byte frames, issue the show platform
port-asic receive
command.

If an interface is configured for 10Mbps half-duplex, but shows non-zero and incrementing ifix counters, reconfigure the interface and connected device for 10Mbps full-duplex, or 100Mbps or 1000Mbps (any duplex).

If an interface is configured for 10Mbps full-duplex, 100Mbps or 1000Mbps (any duplex), but shows non-zero and incrementing ifix counters, the connected interface or wiring is likely the cause of the 1-byte frames.

Resolution

This problem is resolved in these software versions:

• 12.1(19)EA1d and future 12.1EA releases

• 12.2(20)SE and future 12.2SE releases

• 12.1(14)AX1 and future 12.1(14)AX releases

As workaround for this issue, perform these steps:

1. Configure the interface for full-duplex instead of half-duplex.

2. Find the interface that is receiving 1-byte frames and correct the wiring or problem on the connected device.

Download the image 12.1(19)EA1d  or later IOS from Downloads

Error message

%SUPQ-4-CPUHB_RECV_STARVE

Comments

I found this log on ME-3400. How should I do?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: