cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with ROMMON Mode Activation on macOS Sonoma (14.4)

GoXLd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I'm currently attempting to switch my router to ROMMON mode, but I'm encountering some difficulties while using the terminal on macOS Sonoma (14.4). The problem lies in the fact that the standard key combinations aren't functioning as expected.

As a workaround, I've managed to activate ROMMON mode only by lowering the transmission speed to 1200 and subsequently rebooting the router while manipulating the "space" key.

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered similar issues or has experience with ROMMON on macOS 14.

Your insights and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @GoXLd ,

It really depends on what terminal software you are using. Here is a link with some popular terminal software and their corresponding BREAK key combination: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/10000-series-routers/12818-61.html

I always prefer to use Minicom in this types of situations. I use Parallels to run a Ubuntu desktop with Minicom installed. The BREAK sequence on Minicom, Ctrl-a f, never failed me yet.

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

GoXLd
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your answer, I liked the minicom program but it didn't solve my problem.
I will continue to use the method with changing speed and "spacebar" . If I find a solution I will write here.