Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet tracer 8.0 display problem

I have a problem with the display of packet tracer 8.0.

As you can see in the picture, the display is very pixelated, which on its own would not be that great of a problem. In the second picture you can see that when pressing a device, the pop-up window does not fit in the display, which makes working with packet tracer very complicated. This does not happen in older versions of packet tracer.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thank you!

11 Replies 11

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Nothing like that with my PT 8 on Windows.  You can contact PT via Help menu in PT and "Report an issue"

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Shubham Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I faced this issue as well. After a lot of tries, I was able to fix the resolution according to my laptop. You can follow the below-mentioned steps.

• Right-click on Packet Tracer and select "Properties".
  • In the "Compatibility" section, select "Change high DPI settings".
  • Mark on "Override high DPI scaling behaviour."
  • Under the "Scaling performed by:" drop-down list, select "System(Enhanced)"
  • Apply this change and try opening the packet-tracer again.

image.png

thank you, help full it works

Thank you,good Job

thank you so much! very helpful

I was facing this issue on my laptop and I think many laptop users are facing this issue. Thanks, this solution works.

Tomhanks44
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Windows 11 and when I right click on the Cisco Packet Tracer icon in the taskbar it doesn't give me an option for 'Properties'. I've looked in Settings and I can't find it. 

Hey Sir /Madam I am writing this letter to give advice for your problem.I
don't know why you want to use properties setting but in packet tracer we
can use *option + preferences *instead of *properties setting *

Best Regards

Thank you for assisting me. I have gone to Options/Preferences in Packet Tracer but I do not see the option to adjust the display. Could you tell me which tab it is in? Thank you.

Update: Thank you I have found it.

In windows 11 you have to open the file location. then from there you have to click the icon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: