Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer searching

AleksiJ9349
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I found nothing related to searching (some type of ctrl+f) in Packet Tracer. I will set a large background layout, where I will start building it so that it will look like required. I was hoping there is a way to search objects on the map.

Example; PC1 has name "ASD12341", I'd only have to type "ASD12341" so that it would show up on the map.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I am not aware PT had ever any search help; probably not, see Help under Help and Contents.

btw. They just released PT 7.3.1 version

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

I am currently using the 7.3.1 version, but to be fair it is quite strange if PT doesn't have a search option. If I'd like to build massively scaled network mapping, it would be a pain in the arse for someone else looking at the file for the first time and having to navigate around just to find a single PC or a router...

yes, partly agree. I have seen people using different colors and square boxes to isolate areas like LANs and other networks. How big will your topology goin to be ?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: