cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI Simulator to the Rescue

Wilber
Level 1
Level 1

Fortunately, Cisco thought about it and made available an ACI simulator for people interested by this technology to simulator a whole ACI environment. This simulator includes Cisco APIC instances with real production software, as its native tools (GUI & CLI) use the same APIs that are published for third parties, making it possible to simulate any use case. For instance, you would be able to test an ACI VMM integration, by configuring your simulated ACI environment to an existing vCenter installation, and then controlling your vDS switch and port groups from ACI. Furthermore, the Cisco ACI Simulator allows you to simulate faults and alerts to facilitate testing and demonstrate features.

It’s worth noting though, that the ACI Simulator includes simulated switches, so you cannot validate a data path. You can configure the policies but the data plane will not be active.

In a nutshell, ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) is an SDN (Software Define Network) solution from Cisco which allows the network admin to configure and manage the entire network fabric from a single point of management, where all Cisco devices in your infrastructure will be configured and managed from one single GUI through a controller named APIC (Application Policy Infrastructure Controller).

9 Replies 9

So my company is putting in some ACI infrastructure and I wanted to get some self teaching going to learn more about how to configure them as it's a bit of a shift away from traditional Cisco config with the gui, tenants, policies, etc

Can anyone recommend some online (free) training or lab setup guides etc to get my feet wet here?

As per usual, there will be very little training from my company itself. So I need to do a fair bit of my own back here.

Thanks

Shaw444
Level 1
Level 1
The will be configuring the ACI Fabric setup configuration from scratch. ... may be able to login (via the console or CIMC) using the "rescue-user" account.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

RapidFS

myestub
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so Much for this Article this is very useful

myestub

myaccessflorida
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this article this is very nice thanks for sharing with us.

myaccessflorida

Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) is a network architecture that changes how we design, manage and operate the entire data center network.  The ACI Simulator does not have a data-plane so traffic will not pass, but this will allow users to experience the Web GUI.

LiteBlue USPS

bessiegarz.68
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) is a network architecture that changes how we design, manage and operate the entire data center network.

Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) is a network architecture that changes how we design, manage and operate the entire data center network.

MyCCPay

RandallMarvin
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for sharing, I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and helpful that you will write many more posts like this one

Direct2HR