cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need advice! How to fully integrate WebEx Teams and Cisco Jabber

Richardkm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! Like many these days, my team is being sent home to work remotely. I could really use some advice from some experienced remote workers regarding using Ciscos WebEx Teams and Cisco Jabber.

My question is do these integrate? We are going to be using Jabber for workflow and team conversations because this is technology we all know. I downloaded WebEx Teams and discovered that some of the Jabber messaging shows up on WebEx Teams, but not all of it. It seems that it depend on where you were when you were messaging (for example logged into your docking station physicals at work vs. your laptop on VPN vs. from your phone). I would LOVE to use WebEx Teams for everything and be able to Jabber from the Teams App, however I cannot risk bringing people on a new technology and having us lose or drop messages. Currently I have erred on the side of sticking with the old because the stakes are high for not getting it right.  MyAccountAccess Elan

Can anyone help me? Thank you very much In advance!

3 Replies 3

Drum69
Level 1
Level 1

From the customer view in https://admin.webex.com, go to Users. Click on the person and then click Message Free or Message Paid. Click Cisco Webex / Jabber Interop and click Save.

ChoiceADVANTAGE

@Drum69 wrote:

From the customer view in https://admin.webex.com, go to Users. Click on the person and then click Message Free or Message Paid. Click Cisco Webex / Jabber Interop and click Save myaccountaccess.

ChoiceADVANTAGE

Thanks for the information as I have this same issue and found this article for the solution

Willjoe2442
Level 1
Level 1

Before you begin
You must set up messaging between Webex and Jabber for your organization before you see this setting for users.
From the customer view in webex.com, go to Users.

Click on the person and then click Message Free or Message Paid Click Cisco Webex / Jabber Interop and click Save.Set Up Messaging between Cisco Webex and Jabber for Many Users
From the customer view in webex.com, go to Users and click Manage Users.

Choose Export and import users with a CSV template, click Next and then Export. Edit the CSV file that was downloaded, update the Cisco Webex / Jabber Interop column with TRUE and save the file. Click Import, select your file, and click Open.

Choose either Add services only or Add and remove services, and click Submit.