cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i ip spoof on a cisco router?

Charlotte11459
Level 1
Level 1

So I've spent money on OVHS, NFOS, HYDRAPATHS, CLOUDFLAIR, etc but I still end up getting ddosed on Xbox because people end up having bypasses for all of those. I saw something about cisco routers being able to IP spoof (correct me if I'm wrong). My question is if I was to buy one of these routers that have this tech and I learned how to use it all could I still IP spoof on my Xbox. The IP I would be spoofing would be my ovh IP so when they hit that ip I don't go off even if the ovh did get hit.

peryourhealth

7 Replies 7

Eleanor7746
Level 1
Level 1

@Charlotte11459 wrote:

So I've spent money on OVHS, NFOS, HYDRAPATHS, CLOUDFLAIR, etc but I still end up getting ddosed on Xbox because people end up having bypasses for all of those. I saw something about cisco routers being able to IP spoof (correct me if I'm wrong). My question is if I was to buy one of these routers that have this tech and I learned how to use it all could I still IP spoof on my Xbox. The HMFusa IP I would be spoofing would be my ovh IP so when they hit that ip I don't go off even if the ovh did get hit.

No.

And Cloudflare doesn't protect you when you e.g. play games that use P2P connections (Xbox). Not sure why you mentioned Cloudflare here at all tbh.

And even if you were able to correctly advertise your OVHs IP to your home-router, the attack would still hit you. You cannot have a working 2-way-connection with spoofed addresses.

Use a VPN that can hold against these kinds of attacks e.g. a VPS with good DDoS-protection (Game protection by OVH is pretty good, but probably too expensive for you, there is also Combahton, available at many hosters and their own: fastpipe)

Most general-purpose VPN-provider-servers do n

peclonz
Level 1
Level 1

Although using a spoofed packet can help throw off the trace to your original ... IP for a particular router port is assumed as a spoofed packet and is dropped. ... Over time, PIX will likely be replaced by Cisco's new ASA5500 series firewall ...surveyexpert.info

vetter7
Level 1
Level 1

IP spoofing enables an attacker to replace a packet header's source IP address with a fake, or spoofed IP address. The attacker does this by intercepting an IP packet and modifying it, before sending it on to its destination.

McDVOICE

marydailey19
Level 1
Level 1

The biggest issue paper writers had was not knowing which pay period they assumed had already been paid out. That is essential for knowing how many more paychecks of withholding they are taking into account.

RandallMarvin
Level 1
Level 1

IP spoofing is a method of attack by sending packets to a target network while hiding the attacker's address using a false source address. Thus, to achieve anti-spoofing using the access list, you need to create deny statements for each communication based on whether a valid sender address is specified.

Direct2HR

Richardkm
Level 1
Level 1

So I've spent money on OVHS, NFOS, HYDRAPATHS, CLOUDFLAIR, ect but I still end up getting ddosed on xbox because people end up having bypasses for all of those. I saw something about cisco routers being able to ip spoof (correct me if I'm wrong). My question is if I was to buy one of these routers that has this tech and I learned how to use it all could I still ip spoof on my xbox. The ip I would be spoofing would be my ovh ip so when they hit that ip I don't go off even if the ovh did get hit.  Rebaid.com

lindahdsite
Level 1
Level 1

Trends in the retail industry In this survey, we will discuss the trends in the retail industry and share our thoughts about what the future may hold for it. A new study by a popular home retailer found that over 1,000 respondents in America between 18 and 54 years old were surveyed.
This survey was done by surveying people as they entered their store. This survey aimed to determine what type of customer is most important to them and what other stores they visit.
The results are interesting because there are many different opinions about which group of customers is most important. There needs to be more argument about whether millennials are essential for any business, with 76% saying they spend more than $5 at HOMEDEPOT per visit, compared to 43% saying that non-millennials do so at an average rate per visit. They also found that millennials spend an average of $11 more at HOMEDEPOT.
Homedepot store has its website to collect feedback from the customers.
Homedepot survey 2023 is the official Blog for participating in the Homedepot Sweepstakes 2023.