cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 machines, same subnet, only one PPTP connection at a time?

andrewmadrid
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 3000 Series Concentrator and cannot launch multiple VPN sessions from home. If one machine is connected to the PPTP VPN, no other machine from same subnet can connect. If I disconnect machine A, machine B connects successfully. How do I disable this single session issue? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't unfortunately, it's the way the VPN3000 works. I'm assuming you're doing PAT on your home router, so when the connections come into the VPN3000 they're from the same IP address. The VPN3000 assumes they're the same connection and will drop the first if the second one arrives.

There has been an enhancement request in on this forever, and to be honest I doubt it'll ever get resolved. FYI the PIX suffers from the same issue. PPTP connections to IOS routers are OK though.

hmmm, thanks for the bad news! It's a netgear router that I use to connect my conference rooms to the internet. Employees need to be able to VPN back in from conference rooms to access internal resources here an there. This is a problem! Thanks for the reply.