Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CSA MC uprade 6.0.1.99 to 6.0.2.149 problem

szakacsge
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We had a CSA MC version 6.0.1.99 and because of the increasing size of Windows 7 machines I have upgraded the system to version 6.0.2.149.

The installation went just fine, there wasn't any problems. I created a scheduled upgrade for the hosts and tested it at the night of the upgrade on a few PCs that the agent upgrade is working as it should.

On the next day the clients upgrade the agent to the new version but after a reboot the windows did not come up.

I have made some basic troubleshooting steps but the windows on the PCs where the agent already upgraded wont start. It stuck at applying computer settings. Doesnt matter if it is a XP or Win7.

We are not using the Antivirus functions of the CSA but we are using NOD32 antivirus. I found out that if the NOD32 is removed from the client the new version of CSA is running fine, and there is no problem with the PC at all. If I install the NOD32 and reboot the PC it wont come up.

- before the upgrade we already had the NOD32

- we have the same policy what was before the PCs are in the same groups

- tried making a new agent KIT and install it individually to the PCs, but the same issue

- the "all Windows" group cotains only 6.0.2.149 version policies

Could you please advise that what is going on in our system? Why the NOD32 wasnt a problem before the upgrade for more then 1,5 years now? And why it is a problem now?

Thank you in advance!

Gergp

1 Reply 1

mwinnett
Level 3
Level 3

Gergp

Can you check and see if you have the policy "Base - digital signing of downloaded executables" associated with these devices ? If so, can you disable the 2 rules within this policy, generate poll and test.

If this does not resolve the issue, then it really is a matter of disabling rules to try and find the culprit. I would typically do the following:-

1: Create an empty group in test mode and attach that as the only group to a test PC and see if that resolves the issue. If so, then it is definitely a rule issue.

2: Clone all groups affected and attach to the test PC. Check issue persists.

3: Remove half the groups and test and do this to isolate the group.

4: Remove half the policies from that group and test to isolate the policy.

5: Remove half the rule modules from that policy and test to isolate the rule module.

6: Remove half the rules from that rule module and test to isolate the rule.

7: Once you have the rule you can either live with it disabled or open a tac case to investigate further.

Matthew