Views
Helpful
Replies

could not update signature

azrina
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have followed the instructions on the readme file. But when i type nrUpdate-sol-sparc.2_2_1_8.bin install , the message dispayed was file not found. whereas it is there. I just checked that the sensor platform is intel. Is there a file for intel platform ? maybe thats why it wudnt work..

Anyway the readme was rather confusing, for it does not specify which directory should the binary be placed.Should the older file be deleted manually ?

Or how to update on the director also ?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

chstone
Level 1
Level 1

First of all, you are way behind if you are installing 2.2.1.8. This is for a 2.2.1 sensor and we are now at 3.x. There have been MANY updates since this signature was released.You should consider upgrading to 3.x on you sensor(s).

I doesn't really matter where you place the file. I would suggest putting it in /usr/nr/tmp. Change the permissions on the file, chmod 755 nrUpdate-2.2.1.8.bin. To install it type, ./nrUpdate-2.2.1.8.bin install.

The Director should be updated in similar fasion. Download the file that supports your platform and run the commands as above.

Please, be aware that if you upgrade to the 3.x release, that the syntax for installing the signature updates will change. When you download those signatures, please, review the readme file that should accompany the update.

chris

Thanks chris...