cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA failing to register

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I've just downloaded and installed VMS 2.2 with CSA module for a 90 day eval. The server and CSA agent on the server are up and running, but the first agent that I installed on the a desktop is failing to register with the server. The message I'm getting in the log is below:

[2004-05-14 11:51:07.821] [PID=1576] [Csamanager]: Registration failed without message Error code=2035

[2004-05-14 11:51:07.821] [PID=1576] [Csamanager]: Registering with server lftrad, Failure (2035)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 Replies 6

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

Error code=2035 means you do not have a valid license installed in the MC for this agent. Have you added a licese to the MC for the agents?

Scott

Not applicable

I added the licenses that came with the eval. The 3 files were:

CSA4.0-NFR.lic

MC1.0-Eval90day-Unlimited-Devices.lic

vms-90day-unlimited-eval.lic

Do I have to request a eval license file from Cisco? I checked the console and I have licensed Management Center for Cisco Agents and Cisco Server Agent.

Hi,

I have the same problem...

...the client log file have the this error code 2035..

I have alredy loaded the 3 LIC file included in the demo KIT, but whit the same result..

Any suggestion ??

Ciao Paolo

The CSA MC should report a valid license for the MC and licenses for Desktops and Servers.

You can request a license through the following link: CSA Eval License

https://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Software/FormManager/formgenerator.pl?pid=10181&fid=10320

This eval key will provide 10 Server and 25 Desktop licenses for a 30 day period.

Once you apply the license that is e-mail to you, be sure to generate the new rules by clicking on the generate button in the bottom middle of the page and then on the bottom left of the page.

Please let us know if you have more questions or if you still have problems.

peter

I have also installed VMS2.2 and CSA4. I obtained license from Cisco and installed the license. In the attchment is a screen shot of my license details. It says valid for manager & agent. Yet, my hosts can NOT register with CSA MC. I am getting the same error message , error code 2035. We have the full license not the Eval License so I don't know what the problem is. WHen viewing my license details, I noticed that under the "Server Agent" section, it lists 3 as Number of Agents. What exactly does the 3 stand for? Under license however, the expiration is set to (Permanent License).

What si going on.

Thanks for the posting your license screen shot. This confirms that you do not have any desktop or server licenses beyond the 3 licenses that are provided to protect the VMS server itself (3 licenses are provided in case you install the VMS components on 3 different servers).

You can request a license for servers and desktops through the following link: CSA Eval License

https://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Software/FormManager/formgenerator.pl?pid=10181&fid=10320

This will provide you 10 server and 25 desktop licenses for 30 days for you to eval.

Once you fill out the form from the link above, an e-mail with a license will be e-mail to you. You will need to upload it to the CSA MC and then generate the rules.

Please let us know if you have any trouble.

peter