cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Base Backup Failed

emad.mohamed
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to backup the database on the VMS, but I have received an error message. Under VPN/Security Manager Solution > Administration > Common Services > Backup Database> on the left hand side I have selected the drive and Immediate backup. Then it start count up to 5%, then after 15 or 20 minute it through an error (Database busy with other operation try later)

Any Idea!! On how to backup the database!!

Thank you,

3 Replies 3

darin.marais
Level 4
Level 4

I don’t have the answer to you question but I thought that I would just let you have my input. I have too had precisely the same problem as the one that you have described. It would be good to have Cisco’s input on this one.

I have similar problems when the backup is scheduled. I recently posted the error that I have received from the backup logs to the following thread.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf;jsessionid=sroptkgni1.SJ3A?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.eea77ef

ththeinze
Level 1
Level 1

Is there enough free disk space on the selected drive? Because there is an error in pruning the database (you have to do this manually), the database grows up even you delete events. Check the size of the database in \CSCOpx\MDC\Sybase\Db\IDS\*.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I have done the manual steps but still, cannot backup. also I have 180GB free space.

thank you