Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMZ write net problem

Hi all ,

I got the problem is in DMZ write net the running-config image copy to the notebook , however is not working , my command is :

wr net 172.16.2.1:test

Than the error message is below:

TFTP write test at 172.16.2.1 on interface1

time out attempting to connect

[failed]

But i can in terminal ping the 172.16.2.1 , after that i in LAN ( 172.16.1.1) copy the running-config can done , using same notebook .

Is it the problem is binding interface1 on DMZ not interface2 ? should i change it ? pls advise

Stanley

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

What is the access-list and nat global or static config for that 2 interfaces?

sincerely

Patrick

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

What is the access-list and nat global or static config for that 2 interfaces?

sincerely

Patrick

Hi Patrick ,

Is it these issue effect the block the write net?

Stanley

Usually it should work if all host have the PIX as default gateway. Do you have a router on that net that the write net does not work?

The easyest way to figure that out is enable logging on the PIX and check the loggs.

logging warning should be enough to see that.

conf t

logging on

logg buffer warning

show logg

sincerely

Patrick

Hi Patrick ,

In my PIX all interface didn't have any router , just using cross-over CAT5 cable to connect PIX DMZ interface and notebook LAN interface , however i clear the static and acl , also didn't in DMZ write net , is it DMZ can't be using write net command ? pls advise , thx

Stanley

Hi Patrick,

The problem is solve now ,i add it this command after that can write net in DMZ

tftp-server DMZ 172.16.2.0 tftp

I don't why i need add this command can work , but i belive that before i didn't using this command also can work in DMZ . But anyway thanks you for your help .

Stanley

Thanks for your feedback.

I did not know that TFTP uses just the internal interface if it is not defined with the: "tftp-server DMZ 172.16.2.0 tftp".

Cisco says = If not specified, an internal interface is assumed.

See Command reference: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801727ae.html#wp1026054

sincerely

Patrick