cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error 427

gregger00
Level 1
Level 1

I have a system where the VPN connection will drop randomly and gives this error ( Reason 427: Unknown Error occured at Peer ). Anyone have any idea why this is happening ? I've already tried uninstalling and re-installing the client, verified the internet connection is working properly, etc. Any other ideas ?

5 Replies 5

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

Crank up the logging at both ends (debug on HW end, enable logging on client end, and set all settings to high), and report in. The 3 digit error codes the client returns are not very helpful - I have seen issues with digital certificates (passwords, etc) throw errors and text that indicate that it is a network issue.

Thanks. I appreciate the help !

jims88
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get an answer for this? I'm having the same problem and haven't been able to resolve it.

thanks,

Jim

Just this one and it wasn't much help.

Crank up the logging at both ends (debug on HW end, enable logging on client end, and set all settings to high), and report in. The 3 digit error codes the client returns are not very helpful - I have seen issues with digital certificates (passwords, etc) throw errors and text that indicate that it is a network issue.

The problem ended up fixing itself. Not sure how though !

kerry.whittaker
Level 1
Level 1

IS the IPSEC server running under servcies (control pannel > admin tools > servcies) if so set startup to disable/manual

you sure you internet not stopping/starting all the time. i.e. some of my user have ADSL modems witch dissconnect after a few seconds and reconnects when required. web brosesing not a problem but causes big problem with the VPN.