Views
Helpful
Replies

error with Cisco MARS 210.

denek2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have next problem with Cisco MARS 210.We have detected problem with access to web interface Cisco MARS five day ago. We have tried connect to Mars via ssh and detected that a lot of command that we have tried to write had error. Hardware reloading MARS didn't solve the problem. I have detected error from console - /dev/hda2 UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY.Run fsck manually.

we had the same errors last year and solved it by using re-covery Cisco MARS Operation System. Run re-covery process in this situation we couldn't because during load Recovery Disk had error - /dev/hda read error. We had checked hard disks and have seen errors timeout in a lot of  blocks a two hard disks from six. We tried recovery blocks with error on a two disks and then I put it on MARS. Then I reload MARs, but problem is kept.

I don't have Root password.

Please, could you answer me about may I rebuild level RAID using 4 normal hard disk and may I rebuild level RAID? If I could, please wrote me about it.

Screenshot with error added to this letter.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

mwinnett
Level 3
Level 3

Yana, only the TAC have the root password so you will need to open a case and provide console access so that they can recover the dvice. Otherwise, you will need to re-image via DVD and restore config and data from backup. Matthew

Matthew, thanks for you reply.

I rebuilt RAID 10 on MARS using four good hard disks of six  available (two of them broke down). Then I made re-image it and  performed the initial configuration.

Now, I have the following issue with license.

As a rule, re-image system erase all information and our system require the license file.

We couldn't copy file .lic from MARS before re-image because disks  were broken and raid was degraded. But we have product authorization  key.

Please, advise me how I can restore the file. LIC, if the existing key obtained a license. Shoud I buy a new key to get a license?

Yana, the MARS 210 is a gen2 box and the licensing have to be created by Cisco licensing (licensing@cisco.com). I would send them an email with your PAK number and serial number (you can find it in show inventory)

[pnadmin]$ show inventory 

NAME: "Chassis",  DESCR: "CS-MARS-50 Local Controller"

PID: CS-MARS-50,    VID: ,    SN: xxxxxxxxxx   <<<

Matthew

Matthew, thanks for your help. But what address shall i send the serial number?

Yana, send sn email to licensing@cisco.com with serial number, pak number, model. Matthew