Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower1010 license issue

Drysse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community

I have a issue regarding the license on a firepower 1010. After i installed the backup file, the firewall dropped its registered license which i expected, but it also dropped its Base License, which means that im no longer allowed to use the gateway to access the internet to registere the device again and im not allowed to deploy anything to the firewall neither. 

I hoped i could use the 90 days trial license but its expired.

I really hope some of you can help me out.

5 Replies 5

Amine ZAKARIA
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

What version of FDM you have ? Is it standalone or you have ha peer ? is this a production environment or still deployment phase ?
AFAIK restore has nothing to do with licensing.
Do you have a pre configured default route from that backup restored ?

Hi Amine

This is a standalone FP1010 in a test environment. yes i have a pre configured default route from the backup, but the firewall is not using it. When i try to ping a directly connected device in the same subnet i dont even see traffic in the log, its like the Firewall never sends the packets.

Hello,

By default FDM tries to reach cisco for licensing using the management interface(Can be changed), does you management have access to the internet ? test with ping system tools.cisco.com or 8.8.8.8?
You can change your management address from cli to the subnet has internet by using:

"configure network ipv4 manual your_ip  your_mask  your_gateway"

On Cisco Smart Licensing Account generate the Token and Copy Paste that token to the FDM registration page.

Otherwise, if you don't want to license your FP now for the 90 Days Evaluation and since it is a test environment you can reset your FDM by using :

configure manager delete
configure manager local

Make sure you have the backup in a safe place.

Drysse
Level 1
Level 1

If you look at the attached image, it says "You cannot configure the device in this state" and i cant registered it either because i cant access anything via the default gateway.

You cannot configure it using the FDM GUI in that state.

However you can still configure the basic network parameters for the management interface via the cli (as noted by @Amine ZAKARIA).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: