Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure Virtual Interface??

zeeshan.bokhari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does any have any information about how to configure a virtual interface on a physical interface?? Actually I am a bit new to PIX firewall and i need to implement it in my company....Firewall model is PIX525....so anybody having any idea of how to split 1 physical interface in to two logical interfaces?? as i have only two interfaces "Inside" and "outside" on the device but i have three different segments on my network namely, "inside", "DMZ" and "outside" now i want the "inside" interface of the device to carry the traffic for DMZ and inside from the same physical interface but seperately? how is it possible and also if inside and DMZ needs to communicate since they are on two different logical interfaces so would they require any static route for the cause?? if so what it would be??

1 Reply 1

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

I think what you are trying to do is done with LOGICAL interfaces in the PIX. You can divide up a physical interface into several logical interfaces based on the platform. Command is: interface hardware_id vlan_id logical

See the following link for the command reference and more details: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801727a9.html

Hope this helps

Steve