cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS to router telnet connection for blocking

kevin.bryan
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IDS-4210 installed in conjunction with CSPM and have set up my blocking device which is a 2620 router. After testing a manual block then checking the router for the access-list statement we determined that the connection was not being maintained by the sensor even though the router shows a telnet connection from the sensor.. After working with the local Cisco Engineer and running nrgetbulk with NetDeviceStatus and NetDevice - the output shows that the connection does not stay active - it only shows Login_sent. I have the correct telnet, enable password, username in CSPM and the sensor shows this information also and have rechecked my sysconfig-sensor settings and all is correct. Is there something I'm missing in regards to the sensor to maintain the active telnet state for blocking.

4 Replies 4

kleem
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of software is running on the 4210? There was a bug in the 2.5(X)SX version that exhibited the behavior that you describe. It was fixed in 3.0(1).

I'm running 3.0(1) - just upgraded it.

Please email your router config and the managed.conf file to kleem@cisco.com and we'll take a look at it.

I have sent this to kleem and await your advice - thanks for taking a look at this.